Saturday, April 2, 2011

WHAT WILL HE SEE? fish 2 mermaid 0


ME

what will he see?
when he looks into my heart
will he see me?

when he stands before me,
eyes open
will he want what i am?
who i am?
all that i am?


what will he see?
when my body is writhing
and prone before him
my arms open, beckoning him
closer.
will he see me?
all that i have
what i am.

it is so brutally hard to smile
and laugh
to pretend my heart is still whole
one big unprotected
shard
of shattered glass
that cuts its way out of my own chest
as i look along the ground
for my cheerful facade.

SHE

it is gut wrenching to imagine
herman with a mate that is not me
a love that would be
more,
better, different
from the little mouse
who stands so proud
sassy, funny, strong
as she waits, patiently,
for his golden eyes
to behold her
and define her
and reveal her purpose
on this earth.

without the warmth and love
inside of his stare
as he gazes upon her golden, silky skin
she is truly a mere mouse,
a mermaid
alone,
forgotten.
separated from her purpose
her journey
to be made alone
with her talisman,
her only beacon
no other light to warm her
illuminate her uniqueness.

will he realize that what makes her
extraordinary
is the exact thing he dismisses?
will he see
the promise of their life,
fast-forwarding through time
as he looks for a life without
her warm, soft wet
kisses?

will he want a love
that is flawed,
when perfection swims all around?
will he see the beauty in the complexity of her
shape?
how her body, made for sin
glides through the water
yet remains unable to walk or dance?
will he feel the loss
when her love is
nowhere to be found?

THE

little mouse,
take heed and listen well
my song is for you
hear what i have to tell.
hold strong
to your heart
save your soul
from that fierce lion
stave yourself if you must
but never stop trying
to find your own way
or love another
because what you think is a
thriller
is not a hair pulling good-time
but the stalking of a
killer.

No comments:

Post a Comment